Chinese New Year
So fast... another Chinese New Year is going to be over.
Before I continue, wishing every one a Shin'nen Omedetou Gozaimasu! or Akemashite Omedetou Gozaimasu!
and JAPAN ROX!!!
The ups and downs of Chinese New Year:
Chinese New Year for me ROCKS (usually). You get to see relatives that you only see 0nce a year, boast about which school you get in (heh heh), show off your height and get lots of compliments (too bad for the short people) and of course, get Ang Paos. That's the best thing... isn't it?
I've just realised that it's not. You might think that I'm a miser or something but I really think that SOMEONE should set a standard amount of money for everyone in hong baos. like this year- my mum put RM 20 for all the children during our reunion dinner but in the end everyone gave us RM50 or RM 100. At first my brother and I were happy that we made a 'profit' and not a 'loss' but then we realised that it would be very unfair for everyone who had given us like RM 60 more!!! Not like everyone is so rich right!!! The point is, last year they all gave RM 20 so we assumed it would be the same. what naive thinking.
About 'kaykiness' - if that's how you spell it.
This money which you get from uncles and aunties is indirectly from your parents. Almost all of my relatives have 2 children (same us my bro and I) so we get about the same amount (NOT COUNTING the fact that we gave the wrong amount of money). our parents hard-earned money given to us! that's why every chinese new year, my brother and I get about $20 to spent and the rest goes to the bank only.
Heh heh... I get quite a lot of money cos:
1. My dad's father had 2 wives and altogether he had 6 children including my dad
2. my mum has 10 brothers and sisters.
also, you have to deal with IRRITATING COUSINS like the ones I have. but thankfully some of them have grown up (a teeny little bit) and so they're not as reckless but it's still tough dealing with them. my dad gets VERY VERY CRANKY during chinese new year (sorry dad) cos of the firecrackers the night before. we always stay in my grandmother's house in Johor Baru the night before CNY so the firecrackers and fireworks go on the whole night. very very very noisy. and my dad's a really light sleeper, so he can't sleep the whole night. it's so irritating! thank the Singapore government that we don't have this problem in S'pore now.
BUT CHINESE NEW YEAR STILL ROCKS. I think i've been complaining on this post too much- now for the nice stuff.
RICHARDSON ROCKS!!!!!!
JAPAN ROCKS!!!!!!!
ONE ELEVEN ROCKS!!!!!!!!!
wow what a nice long post. makes up for all the posts i wanted to make but didn't make.
goodbye
watashi